TopScore is hiring a full-cycle Sales Representative who will be responsible for driving continued sales growth of our platform. If you’re bright, diligent, and passionate about providing great solutions to sports organizers, join us in revolutionizing how sports and activities are organized.
TopScore is a rapidly growing software-as-a-service company that provides modern solutions for sport and activity organizers. We process tens of millions of dollars in registrations and purchases for hundreds of organizations in dozens of countries.
TopScore is an atypical company in several regards:
- We judge you entirely by what you produce. We don’t care how long you work, where you work, how you work or what credentials you have. We care about what you get done.
- We are extremely transparent, flat, and open-minded. While you will have clearly delineated responsibilities, you are welcome and encouraged to contribute beyond those areas. We judge ideas and results, not ranks and titles.
- We strongly believe in “skin-in-the-game” and aligning incentives. We want people to invest in us just as we invest in them. All TopScore team members are granted a stake in the company.
- We believe that great results can only come from great people. If you’re interested in working with people who are exceptionally bright, creative, and diligent, TopScore is a strong choice.
About the Position
The Sales Representative will be responsible for selling TopScore to prospective organizations, will including building out contacts in new markets, demonstrating the product, and closing deals. This includes:
- Building prospecting lists
- Making cold contacts to new organizations
- Demonstrating TopScore to organizers
- Negotiating contracts, pricing, and other deal terms
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts in CRM
- Always be closing
This is a full-time position.
Compensation is base salary plus commission and equity and will be commensurate with experience and ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills - this work requires that you communicate with people frequently via phone, email, video-conference, and in-person.
- Strong writing skills - we send lots of emails, and spend much of our time communicating with clients via targeted emails.
- Reliable and independent - we expect a lot out of you, but we won't keep tabs on you every minute of the day. You must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Driven and motivated - success in sales requires a sense of urgency and a "never satisfied" attitude. What you did yesterday/last week/last month/last year wasn't enough - you want more.
- Strong work ethic - sales requires long hours, persistence, and moving on after rejection. Candidates need to be willing to do cold contacts daily, and hit weekly, monthly, and yearly sales targets.
- No specific degree, credential, or age requirements - If you can do the work, we don't care how you got the skills. With that in mind, however, previous sales experience is a plus.
- Live in the Pittsburgh or San Francisco Bay Area, or are willing to move - we are sometimes willing to relax this requirement if you are willing to move within some period of time after starting, or you're so damn good that you make us forget about it.
Bonus points if:
- You are involved in organized sports and activities (as a player or administrator).
- You have used the TopScore platform in an administrative capacity.
- You have used the TopScore platform in a player capacity.
Do not hesitate to apply even if none of the bonus points describe you.
Send questions to email@example.com